- "Now, this thing is dangerous!"
- ―Aloy, upon picking up a Disc Launcher
Disc Launchers are heavy artillery weapons mounted on the backs of Thunderjaws, capable of doing immense blast damage.
How to obtain
Disc Launchers are normally seen in pairs on a Thunderjaw's back and serve as their heaviest weapon. One is mounted above each leg. Using weapons that deal tear damage will remove these weapons, causing it to fall to the ground and allowing it to be used by Aloy.
Dealing very high blast damage, the Disc Launcher comes with an 8-round magazine and fires discs that fly towards their target and explode. They can do incredible critical damage if they hit the right component of any machine, and do enough tear damage to blow off weapon components like Ravager Cannons.
It is powerful enough to completely knock down medium (or smaller) machines and stagger large machines, even Thunderjaws.
- Very high blast damage, even more so with critical hits.
- Staggers or knocks down anything it hits.
- Can tear off weapons and armor.
- Easy to sever (if one has a Tearblaster or tear arrows).
- Small magazine, heavily punishes missed shots.
- Rounds travel rather slowly, making far-off or very agile targets harder to hit.
- Like all pickup weapons, it slows Aloy down to carry it.
- The original contraption that is mounted on the Thunderjaw is twice the dropped weapon's size. Once severed and on the ground, it transforms into the dropped device.
- The severed Disc Launcher fires discs forward. The mounted Disc Launcher fires discs into the air that fire lasers downwards and then explode.
|Ranged Weapons||Hunter Bow - War Bow - Sharpshot Bow - Sling - Carja Sling - Shadow Sling - Blast Sling - Ropecaster - Rattler - Tearblaster|
|Melee Weapons||Spear - Sylens' Lance|
|Stealth Weapons||Tripcaster - Traps - Blast Sling|
|Heavy Weapons||Disc launcher - Ravager Cannon - Firespitter - Firestriker - Deathbringer Gun - Oseram Cannon|