This page contains all the guidelines required to be followed in editing the wiki. These guidelines are meant to establish consistency between articles, and help maintain the wiki's organization.
Currently, the rules are still in the process of being established. It would be of great help if you could vote in the polls below. If you have other ideas in mind, please use the talk page to discuss.
- As a general guideline, please take a look at the blog post made by Lacrossedeamon on how we will categorize the wiki.
- Any page belonging to a subcategory should not also be put under the parent category (e.g. Tearblaster is in the Ranged Weapons subcategory, it must not be found in the parent category Weapons).
- Use American English.
- All category titles will be plural.
- All article headers should be singular (e.g. Metal Flower, Health Potion). Exceptions to the rule can be found in Wikipedia Naming Convention.
- Use "the player" when speaking of events that happen in the real world (e.g. the player has to press R1 to melee attack). Use "Aloy" when speaking of events that happen in the game (e.g. Aloy discovers the GAIA Prime location).
- All Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) names must be capitalized (e.g. GAIA, HADES).
- Past tense is to be used for all character biographies (e.g. Aloy, Rost) and any events occurring in the Old Ones' Timeline (e.g. Ted Faro and Elisabet Sobeck were rivals as their beliefs clashed).
- Present tense is to be used for all in-game events (e.g. Main Quests, Side Quests), and all subjects that still exist in Aloy's timeline (e.g. Wildlife, Resources)
- Machine articles should follow this header layout: Appearance, History, Abilities, Components, Loot, Trivia, Gallery, Navigation.
- All critical names must be linked to the appropriate page in the wiki, this includes names found within datapoints.
- Only the first instance of the critical name will be linked, all subsequent names will be in plain text.