Karst became an outcast for reasons that he is unwilling to explain to Aloy. After his years as an outcast were finished, Karst returned to his village only to discover that everyone he knew had moved on. Seeing that there was nothing left for him in his old home, Karst chose to live in the woods that he had grown accustomed to during his life as an outcast.
- His name refers to Karst topography, which is a landscape formed from the dissolution of soluble rocks such as limestone, dolomite, and gypsum and is characterized by underground drainage systems with sinkholes and caves.
- He is possibly related to Teb as they share the same familial face paint.
- ↑ Game Informer #82: Woman vs. Machine
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karst
- ↑ https://d1z4o56rleaq4j.cloudfront.net/downloads/assets/RostCosplayGuide.pdf
|Nora Tribe||Aloy - Rost - Karst - Sona - Varl - Vala - Bast - Teersa - Lansra - Resh - Teb - Brom - Olara - Dral - Dran - Marea - Cren - Fia|
|The Old Ones||Elisabet Sobeck - Ted Faro - Aaron Herres - Ron Felder - Patrick Brochard-Klein - Samina Ebadji - Travis Tate - Margo Shĕn - Bashar Mati - Charles Ronson|
|Carja Tribe||Avad - Jiran - Balahn - Ahsis - Janeva - Talanah Khane Padish - Nil (formerly) - Namman - Janeva|
|Oseram Tribe||Erend - Ersa - Dervahl - Olin Delverson - Brageld - Vilgund|
|Banuk Tribe||Aluki - Kimik - Kikuk - Siluk - Tikuk|
|Eclipse||HADES - Helis - Sylens (formerly) - Olin Delverson (under duress)|
|Artificial Intelligences||GAIA - HADES|
|Hunters Lodge||Ahsis - Talanah Khane Padish - Aloy|