- "I'm just a traveler, with a bow, a concern about the state of these lands and a missing partner."
- ―Nil, introducing himself to Aloy
Nil was formerly a Carja soldier who fought for Meridian during the reign of the Mad Sun-King Jiran. He fought in two significant battles, the Battle of The Daunt and a skirmish at Cinnabar Sands. During the latter battle, there apparently were no survivors. Nil's role in both these battles is unclear.
When Jiran's son Avad ascended the throne he began to weed his father's loyalists from the army. Subsequently, Nil confessed to war crimes and was sentenced to serve two years in Sunstone Rock, the Carja prison, for his crimes.
At some point after being released from Sunstone Rock, Nil adopted the name he currently uses. Neither his real name nor any of his former aliases have been revealed.
|1500||Flash Grenade||Temporary Blinding||
|Light Attack||100 (up to x3 Combo)|
|Strong Attack||200 (up to x2 Combo)|
- The name Nil is of Egyptian origin and means "the river".
- Nil's bow is named "Voice of Our Teeth" although his knife is nameless.
- Nil shares the same tribal markings and eye color as Ligan.