- "I'm just a traveler, with a bow, a concern about the state of these lands and a missing partner."
- ―Nil, introducing himself to Aloy
Nil fought in two significant battles, the Battle of the Daunt and a battle at Cinnabar Sands where there apparently were no survivors. His role in both these battles is unclear.
- The name Nil is of Egyptian origin and means "the river".
- Nil's bow is named "Voice of Our Teeth" although his knife is nameless.
- "Nil" is not his birth name, as suggested by Janeva, rather a new name he has adopted after serving in Sunstone Rock. His birth name is unknown.
- Nil shares the same tribal markings and eye colour as Ligan.