Photo Mode is a gameplay feature in Horizon Zero Dawn. Players can use this feature to take environmental photos of the game world using a free camera. The camera can be moved a fixed distance from the radius of Aloy.
Photo Mode has a variety of adjustable options to customize and personalize each photo taken. While in Photo Mode, players can use the control stick to move the camera around a fixed radius. By using the R1 and L1 buttons, players can pan the camera up and down on a crane. The UI can also be hidden to fine-tune any photographs.
Photos can be altered using a variety of different parameters.
- Field of View: Increase or decreases the zoom of the camera.
- View Roll: Rotates the image on the X axis.
- Hide Player: Shows/Hides Aloy from the photo.
- Focus Distance: Alters the distance of the camera's focus.
- Aperture: Adjust how strongly the depth of field is altered.
- Brightness: Increase/decrease the brightness of the photo.
- Overexpose: Drastically alter the light/dark levels of the photo.
- Colorize: Add a dynamic color filter to the photo.
- Intensity: Adjust the intensity of the colored filter.
- Time of Day: Change in-game time of the world.
- Borders: Add a cosmetic border to the outside of the photo.
- Small Logo: Add a Horizon Zero Dawn logo to different areas of the photo.
- Vignette: Enable/disable vignette on the image.
- Vignette Size: Alter the dimensions of the vignette on the outer borders of the photo.
- Vignette Intensity: Adjusts the intensity of vignette feature.