How to obtain
Ravager Cannons are normally seen on the backs of Ravagers and serve as their sole ranged weapon. Using weapons that deal tear damage will remove this weapon, dropping it and allowing it to be used by Aloy.
Fired from the hip and dealing 100 damage per shot, this weapon comes with a 75-round magazine and fires blue energy bolts. If one hits the right spots, this gun can kill as many as 2-4 Ravagers before the magazine is spent and the gun has to be dropped.
- High damage, even more so on critical hits.
- Great for close to medium range.
- Removes armor and components with ease.
- Large magazine.
- Requires a brief charge-up period before firing
- Ammunition can be exhausted quickly.
- Like all pickup weapons, it slows Aloy down while carrying it.
- The weapon has a much higher rate of fire when wielded by a Ravager than by Aloy. This is likely due to the gun’s direct connection with the Ravager’s CPU; the gun is part of the Ravager, controlled by its CPU, in the same way a human’s hands are a part of the human, controlled by the human’s brain. This would allow the Ravager to wield it as effortlessly and efficiently as a human uses his or her hands. Aloy, however, has to manually wield it like a tool, a far less efficient manner. Additionally, the heaviness of the weapon may affect Aloy’s ability to fire it.
- The Ravager Cannon seems to be very similar to the Thunderjaw's mandibular cannons, as both rapidly fire blue energy bolts that inflict heavy damage.
- Like the Disc Launcher, a severed Ravager Cannon trails sparking cables, indicating an onboard power source.
|Ranged Weapons||Hunter Bow - War Bow - Sharpshot Bow - Sling - Blast Sling - Ropecaster - Rattler - Tearblaster - Icerail FW - Forgefire FW - Stormslinger FW|
|Melee Weapons||Spear - Sylens' Lance|
|Stealth Weapons||Traps - Tripcaster|
|Heavy Weapons||Deathbringer Gun - Disc Launcher - Firespitter - Firestriker - Mine Launcher FW - Oseram Cannon - Ravager Cannon|