The original Ultraweave power armor suit consists of an exoskeleton with a full helmet, thick torso plates, and armor plates on the waist and thighs. According to Major Garrow, it utilizes flexible nano-fiber weave instead of plating, and enhances protection with a 400 eV hard light micro-projector.
Once obtained, instead of taking the full Ultraweave power armor, the Shield Weaver consists of a modified Nora Brave outfit with some armor on the head, chest, shoulders, and knees.
- See: Ancient Armory
While this suit may not seem to offer much visible armor protection to the untrained eye, the suit frequently emits a glowing blue energy shield comprised of hexagonal projections that can block substantial damage, even from the Thunderjaw's normally devastating attacks. While the shield is active, you cannot be staggered by range attacks.
However, the shield can only block so much damage and, when the shield's about to disperse, it will flash from blue to red. Now you must dodge around and not get hit until the shield charges to full again. When the shield is back to full strength, it will notify you with a beep. At higher difficulties, the armor's defenses become less reliable to the point that a normal Watcher can completely deplete the shield with a single body slam on Ultra Hard.
The only downside of this suit is that it completely does away with the ability to mod it. It also will not prevent you from being staggered or knocked around by melee attacks like a Sawtooth's charge or a Thunderjaw's tail smash.
In The Frozen Wilds, however, there are various weapons and devices that can temporarily drain the armor of its shield energy, thus rendering Aloy vulnerable.
- An outfit using the same technology was used by Elisabet Sobeck to survive the then-inhospitable atmosphere while repairing the door to the GAIA Prime facility.
- The outfit may have also been standard issue among Mechanized Response Brigades towards the end of Operation: Enduring Victory, as many dead soldiers in the Grave-Hoard wear it.
- This outfit uses the same base as the Nora Brave and Outcast outfits.
- ↑ Bunker is the physical location where the armor can be found, but the Shield-Weaver Outfit Box is not obtained until the Ancient Armory quest is completed.
- ↑ Ultraweave Progress
- ↑ Comms Log: Cpl. Mills, Comms Log: Sgt. Wandari, Comms Log: Sgt. Guliyev, Comms Log: Lt. Murell
|Unique||Outcast - Shield-Weaver - Undergarments|
|Banuk||Banuk Ice Hunter - Banuk Sickness Eater - Banuk Trailblazer - Banuk WerakFW|
|Carja||Carja Blazon - Carja Silks - Carja Storm Ranger|
|Nora||Nora Brave - Nora Lookout - Nora Protector - Nora Silent Hunter - Nora Survivor|
|Oseram||Oseram Arrow Breaker - Oseram Sparkworker|
|Shadow Carja||Shadow Stalwart|